These t-shirt slogans are just a sampling of what is offered by an online company that recently solicited my business. If you found them humorous, be ashamed.
The attitudes and behaviors of parents are fundamental to how a child views and reacts to others in their environment. Whatever adult humor you find in these slogans is perceived differently by our kids. I encourage you to determine what worthwhile purpose the imprinted words on these shirts serve?
These words certainly don’t uplift, promote kindness, and advance a greater cause for the good of humanity.
“And I tell you that on the judgment day people will ·be responsible [give an accounting; answer] for every ·careless [idle; thoughtless; unhelpful] ·thing [word] they have said. Matthew 12:36 (EXB)
“May my spoken words and unspoken thoughts be pleasing even to you, O Lord my Rock and my Redeemer.” Psalms 19:14 (TLB)
The list below is just a smattering of what is happening in the day-to-day life of our peer-pressured kids at all age levels.
- kids consider suicide an option
- family structures are crumbling; single parent families top the charts
- bullying is now addressed by a special government task force
- underage alcohol abuse is at an all-time high
- our nation is in an opiate crisis like we’ve never known
- school shootings, sex trafficking, child pornography are on society’s radar
- sexual relations among our youth is considered the norm, even at grade school level
Before becoming a walking poster child for someone else’s agenda, consider how you will explain the words you wear to God on judgment day. Even our unspoken thoughts worn on a t-shirt will be accountable.
Let’s be a walking poster child for positive words that uplifts humanity to a higher standard while still expressing a fun and humorous message in the process.