Our soul is a spiritual being with no tangible presence or visible substance, yet it inhabits our being. It is a passive divine energy that transcends mortality. I believe it is only after death that all the dimensions and secrets of the soul will be revealed. Until then, there is a silent and relentless battle for our soul by Satan, the soul snatcher.
Satan knows our soul is a prized possession of God. As long as we are breathing, he is in a ceaseless battle to claim rights to our soul.
What makes the soul so valuable?
- It is our inheritance into heaven based on reconciliation with God
- It is our visionary expression and feeling of God
- It seeks to align our physical needs and desires with God’s spiritual aspirations for us
- It is our compass to navigate the challenges of life
- It is the means by which we worship, praise and glorify God
- It is a dwelling place for God
- It houses our free will
Satan is just as crafty today as he was in the Garden of Eden. He uses just enough half-truths from God’s Word to make his plea plausible to us. The Soul Snatcher knows half-truths are a convenient way to justify our actions based on worldly standards. His deception is purpose driven to keep us living in the gray area instead of fully embracing God’s love, His blessings and his perfect plan for us.
The Soul Snatcher doesn’t take vacation or a leave of absence. He works his enchanting craftiness 24/7 to possess our soul. Satan HATES God and is out to destroy and enslave the souls of humanity. He is sly, cunning and entices us to embrace unrighteousness.
“Be sober; be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” (I Peter 5:8).
The only fighting chance we have against the Soul Snatcher is to receive Jesus Christ into our heart and walk in His light. When we give our soul to Jesus we are protected by His blood and His angels watch over us.
“But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin” (1 John 1:7).
Accepting Jesus into our life does not exempt us from the clutches of the Soul Catcher. God’s Word tells us that when Adam and Eve disobeyed God’s command to not eat the fruit from the Tree of Life, Satan is the ruler of earth until the coming of Christ. He will wage war for our soul until the day we die. But a soul committed to Jesus becomes equipped with the weapons of warfare needed to win this life-long spiritual battle against Satan and his alliance of fallen angels.
- Forgiveness opens the arsenal of God’s spiritual weapons. God stands ready to forgive us over and over again, we should too. Refusing to forgive is like a festering wound that eventually poisons our being.
- Salvation opens the doors to God’s warehouse of spiritual weaponry.
- Knowing God’s truth and hiding it in our heart is our first line of defense.
- The Word of God judges our thoughts and actions.
- Accepting God’s Word as truth is a shield against the enemy forces.
- Conforming and obeying God’s Word brings righteousness.
- Our peace rests in the knowledge God is in control; His peace is unshakeable.
- Prayer is a means of communicating with God through spoken words or thoughts. It is how we confess our sin, appeal for help and give praise to God.
When our trust and confidence is guided by the Holy Spirit, “He (God) rescues us unharmed from the battle waged against us (by the Soul Snatcher).” (Psalms 55:18)
To unbelievers this spiritual battle of good (God) versus evil (the Soul Snatcher) appears to be something from a Sci-Fi movie. But God’s Word is clear about an eminent spiritual war that will require us to choose allegiance between Jesus and the Soul Snatcher. Who will you choose?